Tuesday, May 31, 2011

没有大舅的日子:第812天

Irreplaceable...

There's some things you can't replace.
I bought a camera few months back. The reason for buying a camera was I need a good quality picture and video. As today was all about High-Definition (HD), I opted for a camera that supports 720p video recording.
I'd been using my phone as camera all the while. Until I realized the display of picture on my computer, which was very blur. That was the moment I realized that the phone camera does not produce good quality pictures and videos, also it was quite out-of-date, as I'd been using the phone for the past 6 years... Yes. 6 years. You did not heard wrongly.
That was until 3 days ago I changed to a new phone, Nokia C7... Let me guess, will I be using it for another 6 years...?

The camera on phone that I bought has 8 mega-pixels and supports HD video. However, I do not use it. Not really...

There's actually this thought of mine. I felt that phones can't replace cameras. Although they may have the most qualities that a camera has, thus posted a 'competition' (is it the right word?) between the 2 products, in personal opinion, I still think that camera exists (analog or digital) due to reasons that we, users, couldn't want to let go this product that has existed long ago. We still need camera for specific purposes. They can't be replaced by phones altogether. No. You won't think of a professional photographer uses a camera phone to take pictures, right? Let's not forget, the main function of the phone is make call and send messages. They are, until today.
There's more I need to stress out. Internet can't replaced televisions, newspapers, magazines and books (traditional media). We look for pieces of information all over the Net. In the end of the day, we still go back to the traditional medias to get the information.

Other than that, conventional phones cannot be replaced by mobile phones. I don't get some people. They don't use telephones in their homes. You need it. What if out of sudden you're mobile phone ran out of battery or just 'dead'? You must also know, not all places have network coverages. Also, lower the risk of cancer because there's no reception. Conventional telephones are to stay, no matter what.

I watched videos from YouTube just for fun. Not for the sake of watching it as I need it to be.
I can say I'm a 'traditional' person who still read newspaper daily, books, and magazines, watch television (been my habits since young) and listens to radio.

Whether you want to take pictures, watch movies or series, make calls, use the 'traditional gadgets' to do so.

p/s: Writing this blog as a reminder, remembering those 'traditional gadgets' that have been around us for a long time. Show respects to them...!

2 comments:

Puteri Farah said...

AGREE!!!!!! I pon sgt traditional when it comes to gadgets!! I write my stories not of m.words but on A4 paper use mechanical pen and eraser wei... Hahaha

HKitYen said...

Everyone is traditional...
Online use computer...
BB/Nokia/S.E./HTC, those use to call and SMS only.

If can I want to do assignments in paper... Ha, ha!