Wednesday, May 18, 2011

没有大舅的日子:第799天

Food to thought...

I was reading newspaper in the morning and saw this weekly (sometimes fortnightly) article my doctor wrote. The title attracted me because it is related to: 'allergy'.

Those who knew me well, might know that I'm allergy to almost every food. From seafood to eggs and dairy products and certain nuts.
I'd history with food allergy. I don't know what and which type of food I'm allergic to until I tasted it. I had serious allergy problem 6 to 7 years back, as my face was full of red rashes. Took me almost 3 months to recover. Ever since that, I dare not to eat seafood, except fish anymore. No! Not even sambal belacan, otak-otak and keropok lekor. That's where I lost weight, because I was ill and restricted from eating all the food above.

Honestly, I'm not really a big fan of milk. I hate the taste being 'rubbery' and smelled funny. Well, everyone said that milk is good, this and that. So I listened and took it. I'd never enjoyed it. I showed reactions (not that serious) such as itchy and had rashes. OK, I'm officially allergy to dairy products now.
Being who I am is not easy. You have to let go many food that you indulged in. Girls, we all love creamy desserts, cakes and ice-creams (I loved once...). Sadly, I have to let go... a little by little. Nowadays, I only eat and drinks food and beverages containing soy milk. (At this very moment, I having a cup of banana flavored soy milk. Taste better than milk!)


I would like to know what kind of food you could not eat. Did you stop or continue eating those food you can't eat? Why?

Last words, food let to think, whether you should eat or not.
That's same with life. It's always your decision to take a step forward or remain in the same place.

No comments: