Wednesday, September 26, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1198天

'Friends' on Twitter...

1st of all, how am I going to start it...?

'Friends'? How you define it? People you knew well personally through face to face interaction? People you knew about on bits and part, like the basic information of name, job description etc.? Try figure... I don't have the answers too...

Today, the definition of 'friends' had blurred. 'Friends' may be those that you interact with on a day-to-day basis, that you knew (doesn't matter if you knew them well or not). There's the 'Facebook friends'. 'Facebook friends', as what I found from Urban Edge, (urbanedgeny.com) defined it as "individuals who have mutually agreed to be Facebook friends, allowing you to view information on their profile, follow each other's postings, post on each other's wall etc. Either party can request to be a friend, but the other party must accept the request". Huh? Some definition right there...
To sum it up, people who want to be friends with each other on Facebook.

I had numbers (how much in total by the way...?) of Facebook friends... Some I knew in the past and present. There were some I barely knew. Just met them a few times before in life. That's it!
Anyway, I'm not a big Facebook fan. I rarely post statuses there. Wouldn't I'll be looking like an attention-whore if I kept updating my status... every 5 minutes? And also, I think that the 'Like' button is too overrated. You clicked 'like' because you really 'like' it? Or just for fun?
Forget Facebook. The account was there mainly because there are groups I'm in and I need information from group updates. Just that...



What I'm more interested at is on Twitter!
Love it so much! It was because you can interact with anyone (YES, ANY SINGLE ONE) on Twitter. With the condition you made your Tweets public for other to see.
On Twitter you can Tweet every walking seconds without anyone finding you annoying. I guess that was why Twitter for, you update (literally) non-stop... without someone judging you and calling 'attention-whore' behind you. Ha ha, ha!

Currently I'm following 73 people on Twitter, which included old school friends, news updates from online news, politicians and some interesting people. Take note of interesting people because this blog will be about them...


This guy i followed, according to my old school friend Yu Liang (who also happened to be one of my Twitter friends), the guy was his ex-lecturer in Sunway. Currently doing his thesis. That dude... He was so darn funny... He was sarcastic in a funny way in his Tweets. A small little thing he can turned into something superbly hilarious!

Next up, another guy. Related (not through blood) to the 1st person. I came to know from 1st guy that he and 2nd guy were in a band. Yes! A singing one! 1st guy is one of the vocalist while 2nd guy is the rapper. 2nd guy knew Chinese too! Woah! Suddenly I'm so proud to be Chinese...! Ha, ha, ha!

Thirdly, a Mass Comm student from UiTM Shah Alam. I blogged before on helping someone on Twitter, he was the one! Another sarcastic Twitter-user from Malaysia! Also a Mass Comm student as I am... It was my burning curiosity that had he approached me to translate the Chinese texts... Basically that was the story.

Also, I followed this journalist from a local news publishing company... Ha, ha, ha! I knew lots of political news from him, from West to East Malaysia. Quoted from his Tweet, "We are jiran. Separated by (future) LRT". He lived opposite me, just across the (currently under construction) Jalan Kewajipan... This ex-Form 6 classmate and friend, Ju Yi once said he interviewed her father for his article. Her relative, who happens to be the journalist's colleague, introduced Mr. Ho to him. Ha, ha, ha! The world is so SMALL! Smaller even in the social network world!

Lastly, another lecturer from KL. I bought up his name during K's class. What stunned me was when K  told me he knew this lecturer! "Yes, he's PhD in Political Science..." said K.
Er... Left me speechless at the end of the class.
This afternoon, I was being another busybody on Twitter (again)... One of today's news was the 2013 Budget from Pakatan government. The lecturer, he is a member in one of the political parties in Pakatan. Yes. And involved in doing the Budget. So the 'Mikhael Blomkvist' in me surfaced, just wanting to check whether K's claims are right or not... Then I told him the story,"... I was told by this person yesterday that he knew you... Ha, ha, ha!". He replied by asking who is the person and I gave K's name to him. K's name is too common. Type into Google and you can see tonnes of people with the same name... The lecturer answered he knew *K's full name* from LaSalle. "Which LaSalle? I knew there's few LaSalles in Malaysia. LOL" I Tweeted a reply.
He asked which *K's name* I was attending. "lecturer. Ha, ha, ha!".
So he REALLY knew K! And knew K worked with MalaysiaKini before! "yes. Him!". To double confirm we're talking about the same person, no misunderstandings! He Tweeted to me telling me to say hi to K and he haven't seen him for some time...
'Mikhael Blomkvist' is still there inside me... Kept on asking... "... You're not happen to teach mass comm in Cheras right?". He replied saying he had no experience in journalism... "it's fine. You can teach other related fields mass comm can make use of. Ha, ha!"
At last, he asked where I am doing my degree. "where K teaches. Inti."
*end of conversation*


Another case in this month: I 'picked' on a politician, asking him if I can interview him for assignment...  That was another absurd outburst on Twitter...




Writer's note: Re-emphasise again, I love Twitter so much. Felt connected with those people on the virtue world, even if I never met them in real life. I believe that, there's some days I can meet some of the people on I followed... Maybe we DO turn out as 'friends'... Who knows?!

No comments: