Wednesday, September 19, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1191天

Be friendly yet professional...

I'm not brave yet I'm not shy either.
For the past 2 weeks, I gather all my guts to go and talk to people. Not randomly but with a purpose. The purpose of knowing and writing my news.
How can a person is going to look for information without trying hard to gain it?

For an event that took place last 2 weeks, I am (unconsciously) brave enough to walk up to the 2 big management people of my uni to talk to them. I expect a rough reception from them actually. Who could love a nosy-future-journalist to come over randomly and ask silly things? At a point, I thought I was about to be throw out by them.
Things in life always goes opposite. I expected the worst however I got a unexpected warm treatment from them. They are in fact very cooperative. Their treatment made me felt warm... If (stressing the word) only, people out there are so nice... (Basically this is merely a DREAM, unrealistic expectation)

Other than them, I met this chairperson of the club that organized the event. Ha, ha! It was coincidence I saw him the other day. Who else better to fit into my article other than the VIPs? The hardworking people that made the event successful. Well, the truth was, I only need one. Just the chairperson will do. He can speak on behalf of his team.
The interview with him... I guessed I made it too formal. It wasn't awkward at all. Just that I find sometimes being too formal, too inquisitive is just... weird.

I'm in profession that required me to talk to all sorts of people, in a professional manner. Professional huh? Business-like? Initially I thought yes to it... but being professional, business-like, wouldn't that makes someone wanna distance away from you?
OK, just be friendly to the people you met however do maintain certain degree of professionalism in your work... Cut the business-like meeting crap. Be reminded this is not a PR work whatsoever. It's journalism, a more humane and factual approach.



The assignment for today. Look for a something serious that happened in the uni. I had in mind what I want to write about... it's on a case of laptop stealing in hostel.
Who are involved in the article: my source (foremost), the victims, security guards and authority figures.   There comes the Mikhael Blomkvist of me. Ha, ha, ha!
This incident that took place today, was I suffering some sort of head concussion/blackout? I wasn't aware what happened around me in the CC office today... I don't know what happened really yet I can perceived the 'situation is not right'...

I want to voice out something to someone:
"To who you are (the lovely friend of mine that works in uni) so sorry for getting people to storm into your office and caused you, well maybe uncomfortable. I sincerely apologise..."




Writers' note: My next assignment would be the politician interview (yes to joy! No to stress!). I found this member of parliament which I think is one of the most suitable person to interview (Do refer to Twitter and Facebook to know what happened. Done something absurd last week). Need to plan the interview and make an appointment to that. God bless my interview to be successfully conducted!
Thought of being a writer again by rewriting the story I abandoned... Bad news is, I forgotten the storyline I had planned for it!

No comments: