Friday, August 3, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1244天

Return to peacefulness...

Sounds so spiritual? No. I'm not. I love the word, peacefulness. Made me realise and appreciate my holidays even more.  

I'm back to holidays!!! Currently enjoying the peace (yes, peace. Not piece) of mind by watching most Olympic games on TV. For me, holidays often associated with watching televisions. Had been my habit for years. Other than just TV for holidays, I went for movie, as I will do with Sow Lei Wei. Batman! Great movie and mind-raping. And my cousin's speech at his school. OK. That's what I had done so far...


What else should I include in this post?
Yes, how could I ever forget to do a summary of my semester! 
What I did was a damned research paper (seems like doing research is a never-ending thing, isn't it?) and a trial. Trial. I didn't type it wrong or you misread. A trial, as if like a courtroom situation, there's the judge, prosecutor, defence lawyer, witnesses, accused, and the juries (not the Malaysian legal system that was used in this trial). I had been to trials conducted by Mr. Borges for my friends in the American degree classes however it has never crossed my mind that I will be doing this too! Felt glad and grateful to do so, as this spell a break from the normal boring assignments that students normally do. 



Post trial. That's Mr. Borges in the middle. 




That was after the trial. Everyone were busy taking pictures with each other with costumes on! Ha, ha, ha! 


Dave and Pui Teng, my personal favourite.




The boys in my class... Silly pose, right? 

Mr. Borges and I.

As I mentioned earlier, I learned a lot from this man's class. Other than the trial, certain things that he said I can still remember are
1. "I don't understand those that visit the art museum... I was visiting an art museum, there's two people looking at a painting... They were looking for a long time... I don't know what does the painting means!... I asked them 'What... what it was about?'... The goatee guy was like, 'um huh, um huh'... Come on!"
2. "Look at this picture, the girl. She's so disgusted by this guy. I guess it's taken in Midwest US, where people are more conservative... Definitely not my place San Francisco... People there basically don't care."
3. "Texas loves killing people!... It's because of the cowboy background... An eye for an eye"
4. "Oh... I wish I can have the sarcastic expressions from his face..."

Sounds funny? If it doesn't to you, try to add some sarcasm into it. Ha, ha, ha!
That's the random things he said he class that I can recall for now.

Karmen and I. My friend and ex-neighbour. She will be going to the States this month, probably. All the best for your new life in US!!! 


Another friend who left uni after this semester, Jee Fung. Good luck in your work life! 


Well, that's all I have to pen down. Till the next blog... 

No comments: