Friday, August 24, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1165天

Embracing change...

'Change'.
Don't take simple towards this word. It is (in fact) something larger than anyone can think of.

"What doesn't change around us is... change." Yes, the irony of reality. What doesn't change is indeed change itself. Change(s) happen all time. In fact, the evolution in our life is change. I guess change is a trailing habit, that we (should, no excuse to deny) constantly keep up to.

Keeping up to the change habit?
Sounds more like change the habit... Be careful and read twice (or more) to these words 'change habit'.
Better for me to clarify the final time: Change is a HABIT. Got it?!

I'll be in a field of work that constantly going through changes. I confess, I wasn't much of the person who subscribe to the ideology of change. Yes, resistant. In fact I'm very resistant. A resistant person going into a career in well... media? I don't know how I got the faintest to be a writer/journalist or an advertising creative staff for my future. Maybe I was young then, I didn't know about what's happening in the world, really.

"Human is a habitual species". That's what my lecturer told this last semester.
We are indeed habitual, we only stick to one thing at the same, or all the time... Once we learned/adopt/used to something, we will tend to glue to it no matter what. That's when the 'disaster' begins... We're in our comfort zones. Who would want to get out?! "I am happy with the situation I'm in, things I'm doing! Why change?!". This is the common justification people excused for not leaving their comfort zones.
The question came to my head: do people refuse leaving their comfort zones because... they're too glued to it? Or was it they are scared?
For the past 2 weeks, a feud happened in my house because of... well, change and economic purpose. A simple change (to me) actually frustrated my elderly because they, 1st. refused, 2nd. economic purpose. They actually 'blamed' me for interfering in their business.
I wasn't interfering! I loathed at the idea that they 'blamed' me for making change. To them, I think that they see me as someone being ungrateful, discontented. They do think that I'm a greedy person... I'm not defending myself to the point of being greedy because I'm unsure if I'm greedy or not!
The problem arise from the change was soluble. The solution was in fact just like 'put the sugar and milk into the coffee'. I basically do 'sugar-milk' solution every time in uni. No fret... But for my elderly, it's not... The small change poised a threat, probably will deteriorate the business, family and everything! And unwillingly, I suffered big stress because I took the blame for changing how things work and getting out of the comfort zone.

The situation at my home may sound familiar to some of you out there as you did encounter similar situations in the past...
Another question flashed into my mind: do people, habitual people addressed, don't like their daily routine interfered? And the alteration on the comfort zone, does it really cause stress because the daily routine had changed or people just afraid of change?

So what can we really do when change take place?
1. Fret and nervous? No.
2. Deny? A big no.
3. Don't change towards the change, I mean, still stick to the comfort zone? My answer is answered sarcastically in another question, "How can you do that?!"
4. Blame game. Please no! You're inflicting more relationship problems.


The solution/alternative is simple: embrace it. Just take it as it is. Have a calm mind and soul into facing change. Optimism is good in adhering change. I think that if someone is positive about change, that person will love change and to be change.


Are you such person...?


'Change'. The slogan Mr. President used in his 2008 campaign, one of the memorable. We want to change, but are we really ready for a change...? 



Writer's note: Well I need answers to my questions... Just to see who can give a good one! I love Robert Frost's 'The Road Not Taken'... The poem states the choices made in life, illustrating through two diverged roads. Well, I want to relate to the topic I'm writing on. The diverged roads, they are the choices, and changes we have to make for my life. Even if I take the less favourite road, I don't regret it as that had been a choice I made, the change I want for my life. 


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        
 
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,        
 
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.        
 
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments: