Friday, February 3, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1063天

Chinese New Year in Subang...

This was the blog post that I promised to write about. Having the high mood to write today... 
Here's what my family and I had done over Chinese New Year...

Reunion dinner at Klang's V Garden Restaurant. We arrived early to avoid the traffic. The restaurant was packed with diners. Some came for dinner as early as 6 pm and latest by 8.30 pm. It's a new trend these few years, people prefer to have their Reunion dinners and Chinese New Year meals outside. Save the time preparing and cooking. They don't mind paying for a high price. They want the convenience.


It's early, that's why the restaurant was empty.

My first 'angpau' for 2012 Chinese New Year!!! The 'angpau' receiving enthusiasm never dies, even if you had grown up. Only dies when you have became the one that gave the 'angpau'...

Tossing the 'yee sang' with my family. Have a good dragon year!

First dish on the menu. There's abalone, mushrooms, sea cucumber, and broccoli. You don't really eat this dish every day. Save it for the festive season...

Second dish, 'Buddha Jump Over The Wall'. Ha, ha, ha...! Direct translation! It's a soup dish with luxurious ingredients in it.


Third dish, Suckling Pig. I remembered the last time I had this dish was 8 years ago at my father's business counterpart's wedding. Didn't served this dish at my cousin's wedding 2 years ago.
 
Next, Steamed White Pomfret. How can Chinese New Year dinners be without fish?


My uncle taking photos of us.

Teh Chi En and family. All in red tone clothes. Everyone was wearing bright colors shirts, except me that wore a black. Memorable epic. Ha, ha, ha...

Salad Prawn. I can't eat. Allergy.

Fried Glutinous Rice. There will always be fried glutinous rice as the sixth or seventh dish on the menu. This time was different. It served in small packs for each person. Something like 'lo mai kai'.


Desserts time! Cupcakes, fried 'nian gao' and 'tang yuan' in rose tea syrup. Completed our last meal on the last day of the Lunar Calender.

After dinner, my family and I moved to my uncle's house back in USJ... To collect 'angpau'.


Some family members from my father's side which includes my cousins, aunt, cousin-in-law, and uncle. Surprisingly, my cousin came back from Australia this year.

My sarcastic uncle busy with his Blackberry. A year elder than my father. Had 3 children. Sarcastic than ever. Didn't changed at all. He and Mr. S can be good friends-turned-rival. Can't imagine that... Non-stop laughing!!!


First day of Chinese New Year...

Unwrapping hampers.

Watching television.

Nice Golden Dragon at Sunway Pyramid...



No outings until the fourth day, where my aunt and mother went to visit an old friend in Kota Damansara.

Nice house.

Living room for TV. There's the glass door to the piano room, on the right.

At living room. The owner was the man in yellow shirt.

Koi fish pond. Woah...!


2 comments:

Puteri Farah said...

I love angpao as well!! ^_^ thank god for kind neighbours and friends :)

HKitYen said...

LOL! Must got some angpau this year...
How much? He, he, he...