Sunday, January 22, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1051天

Happy Chinese New Year!!!

It's the time of the year again. It's Chinese New Year!

This year I will be celebrating New Year at Subang. Not going back to hometown. The 'balik kampung' enthusiasm seems to subside as I grew older. No more of 'balik kampung' excitement feeling.
It's not really about the 'balik kampung' tradition that represents the New Year. It's being united with family members that should be the real meaning of a festive celebration. As long as your family is with you, no matter where you celebrate Chinese New Year, it will always be meaningful. It's the people that made this celebration meaningful and memorable.

The 'angpao' giving and receiving tradition. I'm not sure whether if there will be a day that I give out 'angpao' packets to young children or not. Right now, I'll collect as much 'angpao' packets as I can for every Chinese New Years until I'm married (?) There'll always be this 'guessing game' when you received an 'angpao'. You will guess what's  the amount of money inside. RM 10? RM 50? RM 100? How much will it be...?

That's it for the Chinese New Year blog post.
'Gong Xi Fa Cai'!
'Xin Nian Kuai Le'!


This year is the year of dragon... This song, 'Descendent of the Dragon', represents every Chinese people around the world, no matter where you are from. Chinese, descendants of the Dragon.

No comments: