Monday, April 11, 2011

没有大舅的日子:第762天

How Far You Will Sacrifice... For Love?

I believe all human beings are selfish. Why? They want to keep something to themselves. Means that, they are not willing to give up everything for the sake of others'.
Cultures might differ us in sacrificing for our loved ones. But I need to stressed, not matter how much you give up, you still want to leave something (benefit the least) to yourself.

I need to give a 'test' to this girlfriend of mine. I want her to think: does she ready to make sacrifice with her other half? Is she ready to give up her identity, cultures and beliefs with this man that she is serious with? 
I'm doing this test on her in the month of July, testing how far she can go for the relationship. 
There are no definite and solid results. I just want to see the effects and thoughts after the test.

For me, I'd witnessed couples in and out of my life. OK, perhaps in the younger age of a person, you won't do much for your partner. I'd seen boyfriends waiting for their girlfriends for hours in the school's front door, boyfriends, though financially not stable, willing to spend large sum of money for their girlfriends and girlfriend do not take further steps in a decision that may anger her boyfriend. Whatever things they did, can be classified as 'sacrifices'. 
Why do human sacrifice? I can answer that they wanted love and respect from their partner.
Some sacrifices gain what they want. Some do not. After all failed, you can't really blame a person. The failures act as a lesson for you in the future. 
When meeting someone new, you will ask the question to yourself, "Does my sacrifice bring a happy and fruitful relationship with him/her?" 

p/s: How much you will sacrifice then?

No comments: