Wednesday, May 30, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1180天

Adapting-Learning...

I have many thoughts, questions, suspicions every time (most of the time would also fit). 
Although something/situation/instructions given were clear, I'm still unsure. Probably some lack of confidence in me. 
I tried changing. Yes. Change is good. Often at times, change is good for you, but not necessary to the people you live with around. People may find weird, annoying even of you had change to a better person (what you thought you had). 


Basically the winding thing is just a lame introduction... 
This blog post will be about changing, but the change doesn't have much affect on my life later and on. Just some temporary alteration. Nothing much. Take it as another life learning experience... 

I'm already in my 2nd year-going-to-3rd year studies. I'd encounter all sorts of lecturers and classmates. Some bad, some good. Most importantly, it's what you had learned from them, be it bad or good. I learned not to jump into assumptions and conclusions too soon (well, I did tried to kick this habit off... Just in the process of trying hard). 
But this current semester would give me a big lesson. Why?! I had never been thought by a foreign lecturer and I'm also taking a subject that teaches you... er, how to phrase it...? ... To be a discipline professional of the industry. The subject's name is Professional Development.
The foreign lecturer's lessons would be one of the eye-opener for me. He was a person with much knowledges and experiences, which he love to share in class. Someone you would look up to and respect him of what he is. He told us things that my other lecturers would never say. But... the catch is here, he expects every students in class to obey to his rules (no latecomers, no words on your t-shirts, no slippers, need a real book, no eating in class, no handphones). Yes. Those 'Caucasian style', what Chinese use to describe. 

I had a Caucasian (literally... Half-Caucasian to be exact) lecturer who taught me, since my first semester... Yes, the other subject I'm currently doing, Professional Development. It will be my last class with her in my uni. 
'Adapting-Learning' is what I'm currently doing, not only in the foreign lecturer's class, but also my Professional Development class. 'Adapting' new and different style of teaching plus 'adapting' a new professionalism manner. Also I'm really 'Learning' the subject from the bottom of my heart and 'learning' to be a professional journalist who must work under harsh conditions. 


p/s: Is this my longest blog post? I don't recall writing so much. 

No comments: