Friday, May 11, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1161天

Affairs in Marriage...

OK. Semester break now.
As usual, I read some books to fill up (kill) the free time of my holidays. Finished watching a movie I downloaded yesterday. Yeah, one of those that left you confused for the next few days...

Coincidently both book and movie I read and watched have a same topic: extramarital affair. Don't ask me the reason for that. I picked the book and movie randomly. Didn't expect that the book and movie will discuss on this issue.

Tony Parsson's 'My Favourite Wife'

I bought this book along with 2 Grisham's book and Lee Chong Wei's biography with the RM 200 book voucher months ago. As I said, I picked the book randomly...
The story is basically simple, a lawyer and his family moved to Shanghai for a better life. At Shanghai, the lawyer, Bill learned the dark side of China's glowing economic and encountered with a Li JinJin, a lonely mistress.  Here is the summary of the book.
Read it... I'm sure you'll learn something from it.




'A Dangerous Method'

Once in a while ( or always) there'll  be a movie that left you confused for days...
The movie revolved on three main characters, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung and Sabina Spielrein, which are well known psychologists in the early 20th century.
The story began when Keira Knightley's Sabina Spielrein was sent to a mental institute in Switzerland. Carl Jung (Michael Fassbender) was her psychiatrist. Sabina later when to university after her condition was stable. Then the affair with her doctor started... Almost forgotten Sigmund Freud. No! He doesn't come between Carl Jung and Sabina, he's Carl Jung's friend.

Crazy and wild movie... Seriously, Keira Knightley is one crazy person! She loved being... er... spank... And ask Carl Jung to do that... What the hell?! Honestly, I never seen Keira Knightley in such physically disturbed role. 







I heard many real life stories on affairs, mostly from people that I don't know. I never really heard people around me such as friends encountered this problem. A good sign, perhaps. First of all, friends around me are about the same age as I do, which they are still single. Secondly, I assume that couples (whether I knew or don't) stay loyal in their marriage.

No comments: