Monday, August 15, 2011

没有大舅的日子:第887天

Of Food and the Support...

I'm back after a week absent from my blog. I'm still in holiday, until next week.

There's this topic I wanted to shared.
It's actually been a while since I watched a live sport match in a bistro. I always like to be in such atmosphere. Why? You gather with people around you to support a particular athlete or team. Not forgetting the food and drinks served. Feels very different watching live telecast outside than at home. You can scream all your heart out without others thinking you're out of mind or making too much noise. That's what is all about. The liveliness of the game, the people and the yelling.

That was what I went to last weekend. In a Bavarian bistro in Mid Valley. To be truth, I love the food there. Bacon, German sausages, fried pork fillets and my favorite, Emperor's Cake. This was my first time in a German bar. Most bars or bistro I went were those Western-styled.
What I'd seen over the last week was the Lee Chong Wei's match in the World Championships. Everyone in the bar was cheering and cheering for the only Malaysian to get into the finals. Well, he did every Malaysians that sat in front of the TV screen proud by beating his Chinese opponent, Chen Jin. However, Malaysians seem not to break the jinx of winning the World title. Never mind. It's next year that everyone is looking forward to; London 2012, the BIG ONE.

No matter what and where you are, one thing for sure, supporting Malaysians in international arena is one of the things we, as Malaysians will do. I think the more crowd support, the merrier, the higher anxiety it will be.

p/s: I'm trying my best to complete the story... The mixed feelings of love and hatred of the main character.

No comments: