Saturday, June 6, 2009

没有大舅的日子:第111天

Sales contribute to businesses(?)...

Whoa... Some high fashion shops are having 'sale' right now... Well, let me share an experience with you. Last year when I visited Taiwan, I managed to have a glimpse at a shop that offered discount up to 90%!!! Yeah, I couldn't believe this scenario. This will never(for eternity) happened in Malaysia.
For some of you, this may sound untrue. A 90% discount, what retailers gonna profit? I asked this question myself, too. And I still can't managed to fill an answer to this 'puzzle'. For a typical, Malaysian, when you see this in your country, first thing is to storm in to that certain shop to buy as much as you can... Buy for the sake of sale! Meanwhile in Taiwan, a shop that offers sale is empty as a abandoned place! Maybe it was mainly that the Republic is really affected by this economic crisis... I saw many of them are willing to work as a petrol station's assistant and also carrying an advertisement board... Back in Malaysia, shoppers will occupied the whole shop if there was a sale from 40%-70%... Shows that Malaysia is really a strong country, not fully affected by the 'economic storm'... A good sign, really...

No comments: