Wednesday, March 7, 2012

没有大舅的日子:第1096天

Be Yourself...

That's it. Be what do you are. Not what other person wanted you to be.

Everyone is unique in some sense. This uniqueness made us to outshine another person. This uniqueness separates us from other person. This uniqueness made us special.
However, we tend to lost our uniqueness when we wanted to please another person so badly. Just because you wanted to join it the crowd, that doesn't mean you must be like those people in the crowd.
I never thought of pleasing someone ever. Not even once.
I had this 'attitude problem' (should I phrase it this way...?). Some people used to said I'm a 'cold' person. I won't deny this fact. I am 'cold' sometimes. Not in the emotional phrase or whatsoever. Just plain 'cold'.
I'm not a good person either. I did bad things in my life. That's also another part of me. Namely 'Mr. Hyde'.
I can be a calm and subjective person. OK. I trained myself to be like that. Reasons for that, I don't want to be  the person that view an issue from only their own perspective. That's just too self-centred.
I can be a crazy person. I did ridiculous things in my life. I laughed like a madman sometimes. I did stupid pranks. I (always) made lame jokes. In some case I considered myself to be pathetic.

The above facts were my characteristics, that made up what I am now, this moment!
I would never want to change any of the above! What am I if I changed my character? A better person? I don't think so.

A lecturer told me few weeks ago this thing. "Kit Yen, we cannot please everyone...". She was absolutely right!  Whatever we had done, we will face criticism from our actions. There will always be some parties that oppose our actions. If we try to pleased them, then another party rises to oppose you. The cycle continues...

To end this, what is important is to be yourself, live your live, think the way you think. Don't let any person to gain control of your life...

No comments: